1.26.2010

Craftiness Now

I loved fingerpainting! Fingerpaints from & available at AC Moore


As a kid, I loved arts & crafts. Art was always my favorite subject in school. I was happiest armed with a big box of crayons & a fresh stack of colorful construction paper. Some of my best memories involve afternoons spent fingerpainting on a refrigerator with a good friend. I remember laughter, messes & fun!



One of my handmade 10% off gifts to Koru customers tucked into Koru's merchandise

Sadly, it's been many, many years since I fingerpainted a refrigerator. A few months ago, I noticed that I really missed arts & crafts. It's not the same designing an invitation or wedding, while I love both. I longed to work with my hands, get messy & have fun. In a dizzy burst of inspiration, I handmade Christmas decorations & 10% off gifts for Koru Wedding Shoppe.


From Craftiness Now, Jen's beautiful Decorative Decal Pillar Candles

Then I hit a lull. I had zero inspiration for another craft project. Thankfully, my high school friend Jennifer Kim launched Craftiness Now, an awesome blog about the calm art of crafting in a crazy city life. Her blog is full of her craft projects, her resources & her inspiration, along with beautiful photographs. All of sudden . . . inspiration galore! I could turn my armoire into a craft center! I should join AC Moore's rewards program! I would love to make gorgeous candles like those shown above! Now I'm a happy girl with several craft projects in progress, thanks to Jen.

Do you count Martha Stewart Weddings as your inspiration? Do you love to craft? Do you enjoy craft eye candy? For all this & more, I recommend Craftiness Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...