1.27.2010

Life Beyond Tulle & Lace

This Week I'm Thankful For . . .


It's easy to get lost in weddings. As a wedding professional, a week can go by when I think of nothing besides invitation fonts, reception flow & Koru Wedding Shoppe's updates for its Facebook page. I know my Brides feel the same way as they tackle the countless details preparing for their big day. Somehow, we need to remember that there's life beyond tulle and lace.

This is why I was delighted to receive a 2010 Vera Bradley agenda from my boyfriend's Mom for Christmas. Besides keeping me organized in style, each week features a prompt reminding me to appreciate life. The prompts include 'this week I'm thankful for', 'this week I laughed when', 'the best thing that happened this week was', etc. This exercise is fun & valuable! I vowed that I won't include anything related to Koru Wedding Shoppe. Each week, I look forward to taking stock & choosing something or someone special outside of work & weddings. So far, I've noted things about my awesome boyfriend, my beloved dog & my delightful goddaughter.

I urge you to do the same each week. Yes, your wedding is important. So are your fiance, family & friends. Just for a few minutes, put aside your Wedding I-Do list & reflect on the beauty in your life. What are you grateful for? What random act of kindness did you experience? Who made you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...