12.14.2011

Holiday Card Evolution

In what seemed like a flash of brilliance, I chose to send homemade Christmas cards this year.  I enjoy making cards & I adore the holiday season so why not?  Sure, crafting 50+ Christmas cards would be my largest cardmaking project yet.  Oh yes, of course I would find the time for this project during the busy holiday season. 

Looking back, I identify that moment as a stroke of insanity! 

Allow me to take you on the journey of the Koru Kate Holiday 2011 Card from inspiration (I'm so excited to make my holiday cards!) to reality (What in the world was I thinking?) . . .

Six weeks ago, I pinned a snowflake card as my inspiration:


One trip to Paper Source, one trip to AC Moore & one raid of my craft armoire later, I had Version 1 of my holiday card:


A few minor tweaks of colored card stock & patterned paper later, I was happy with sweet Version 2 of my holiday card:


Bright Version 3 of my holiday card on RZ's choice of classic holiday red card stock:


A few more of lovely Version 2 on my choice of icy blue card stock:


I'm a complete sucker for details so every card has a snowflake stamped on its butt:


I'm pretty proud of my humble holiday cards.  We dropped the first batch in the mail last night; the second batch should be ready this evening.  I've glued my fingers together, I've smudged countless snowflakes, I've wondered if the project would ever end.  But there is a definite satisfaction knowing I created our newlywed holiday cards with care & love for our family & friends.

Will I make my holiday cards next year?  Ha, by then I will have forgotten the insanity & I will think it's a fabulous idea!  

Photo 1 via, Photo 2-6 by Koru Kate

6 comments:

  1. You are so full of great ideas this season. What size envelopes do you use for your cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (blushing) Both of you are so sweet with your kind words!

    @Libby, I used A2 envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous-I can't even imagine all the work they required!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I can't believe you made 50+! I would've given up after 3 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I was so HAPPY to finish them & drop them in the mail last night :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...