11.23.2010

Magical Alterations

Ally Bridal & Tuxedo Logo


Yesterday, I mentioned my wedding dress is perfect.

It just doesn't fit me perfectly. When I ordered my wedding dress, my measurements fell between two sizes. Lovely wisely recommended ordering the larger size as it's easier to alter a big dress than starve for a small dress & I happily followed their advice. And wow, it is big in every way, shape & form! The top is so large that it falls down if I don't hold it up. The bottom is inches & inches too long for short me. Clearly, alterations are needed.

Ally of Ally Bridal & Tuxedo to the rescue! Ally & I had never met but we have tons in common. We're both in the wedding business in Hoboken; we share the same web designer, the wonderful Kate of Bella Mi; & she altered my sister-in-law-to-be's wedding gown. I'm thrilled to support another local business, especially since it makes future fittings so convenient. Plus I know I can trust Ally to do a fabulous job.

I met Ally in her charming bridal shop on First Street in Hoboken, just three blocks away from Koru Wedding Shoppe. I put on my wedding dress & shoes &, within minutes, Ally pinned the dress to perfection. It felt amazing, just right. I could dance & the dress stayed in place! I could take a step without tripping over extra fabric! Miraculous!! I wanted to shower Ally with hugs & kisses!!!

My wedding dress in now in Ally's care so she can make it absolultely perfect for me. I'm beyond excited for my first dress fitting in early December. Although, as Ally warned me, I have to be careful not to gorge myself too much on Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your dress will be the perfect fit! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...