5.26.2010

We're Getting Married


Our engagement party invitation


We're getting married!!!


Cheers!!

One of the first things my Mom mentioned after we got engaged is that she & my sister wanted to host an engagement party for us. We'd never turn down an excuse to celebrate so we gladly accepted. My Mom & my sister whipped together a fantastic plan for a casual barbecue held in the backyard of my childhood home & attended by our local family & closest friends. I'm looking forward to our nearest & dearest mixing & mingling on a beautiful summer day.

The engagement party is their deal so I've let them take the wheel & plan this shindig. For the most part. One, I made a polite demand for angel food cake, my favorite dessert. Two, I asked to take care of the party invitations. After all, I have tons of great resources at my fingertips at Koru.

Truth be told, I had an invitation in mind from the Casual Collection. I didn't want to totally take over the process so I sent three invitations for my Mom & my sister to choose from. I put them in random order so they wouldn't know which one was my favorite. Option One was the Engaging Event invitation, featuring an engagement ring. Option Two was the Chic Couple, featuring a modern couple toasting martini glasses. Option Three was Bouquet of Beauty, featuring a subtle background of calla lilies.

Bless their hearts, they chose my favorite: Chic Couple!!! It's a fun, fresh design on shimmer paper that's perfect for our engagement party. For some reason, I'm obsessed with shimmer paper- I love the dash of sparkle. Why choose plain white paper when you can have a little shimmer?! My sister provided the cute wording & I chose a block font in mocha ink for the copy & script font in lipstick pink for our names to add a pop of color & emphasis. Viola- here's our engagement party invitation!

Our engagement party invitation was our first piece of wedding stationery. Right now, it's a tease for a great day ahead. After the party is said & done, the invitation will be a fabulous memento for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...