5.20.2010

Will You Be My Bridesmaid?


The first Bridesmaid card in progress

The first Bridesmaid card receives its final touches
while the others wait for their turn



The complete Bridal Party collection handmade by me

The bridal party is an important part of our wedding & each member is a crucial part of our lives. They are special people to us whether it's our wedding day or an every day. When it came to asking my selected ladies if they would do me the honor of being my Bridesmaids, I wanted to make it memorable.

First, I crafted "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" cards. I carry adorable bridal party cards at Koru Wedding Shoppe but two of my Bridesmaids had used them for their wedding. I hoped I could create something unique. I swear, it's not because my bridesmaids aren't blonde! I set about crafting with white card stock, purple paper, swirl shimmer paper, purple ribbon & the crowning touch of rhinestones. Each card features a Bridesmaid dress on a hanger with the ribbon & rhinestones as embellishments. It was lots of fun & I was proud of each creation that was made with love. The best part was penning a note to each girl about how much they mean to me & how much I would love them to be a part of our wedding.

Now I had to make plans to ask my selected ladies. With three local maids & two out-of-state maids, I could only ask three in person & I knew it would be difficult to coordinate four schedules. Miracle of miracles, all three said that they could come to our apartment for a Girl's Night In. All it took was chips & salsa, taco dip, chicken tacos & sangria to lure them. The night unfolded with good eats, chatter & laughter. I was having so much fun that I almost forgot my plan! Cupcakes were being served & my fiance was begging to come home (he'd been kicked out for the evening) when I realized I hadn't asked them.

I asked them to be my Bridesmaids & each replied "Yes!" Then I presented them with their bridal party card & a sweet Bridemaid necklace. It was so special & fun. I'm unbelievably excited that these ladies will be a part of our wedding, as they are a part of our lives. I'm blessed with the best bridal party ever!!!

Or so I hope. The final "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" cards are sitting on my desk waiting to be mailed to the out-of-state maids. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...