5.10.2011

Honeymoon: Sleepy in Oahu

The Monday after our wedding, we kissed our cold, snowy home good-bye & jetted off to Hawaii for our 12-day honeymoon. I slept for the first two days of our honeymoon, no lie. The two weeks of little to no sleep caught up to me! I barely remember one moment of our 10-hour flight to Oahu because I was asleep before we left the runway. It was a dream come true to wake up to the paradise of Hawaii.


But I was still tired. The warm air, the swaying palm trees & the gentle waves weren't enough to rouse me. We checked into our beautiful oceanfront room at the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach (FREE! thanks to our Reception at Hyatt on the Hudson!!) & I'd never seen a bed look more inviting. I couldn't very well spend the first night of our honeymoon sleeping so RZ & I headed to an old standby, Duke's Waikiki, for our first honeymoon dinner. All I see in this photo below is pure exhaustion!


The next day dawned cloudy but warm. We were (yes, still) tired from our wedding & our travels yet our spirits were bright. Oahu was a brief stopover for us on our way to Maui & Kauai & we felt very little pressure to do much because we'd spent 5 days here together a few years ago. We lunched, napped on the beach & walked miles along the coast. Our regular life is so planned & regimented that it felt amazing to see where the day took us. Very carefree, very wonderful.


The day ended on our oceanfront balcony with complimentary champagne from the Hyatt. The perks of being newlyweds! We toasted to our honeymoon naturally. I was the happiest girl in the world with my husband by my side, bubbly in my hand & waves in my sight.



We were treated a gorgeous, pink ribbon sky sunset:


For our final honeymoon dinner in Oahu, we went to Duke's Waikiki again for fresh fish & tropical drinks under the stars.


Our time in Oahu was brief but important. It gave us the luxury of recharging for remainder of our honeymoon. When we departed Oahu the next day, we were fresh & excited to enjoy Maui!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...