2.12.2010

Real Wedding: Let It Snow


A blizzard doesn't stop this beautiful Bride! Check out her Ugg boots!


A sparkly winter wonderland reception at Crystal Plaza

The New Mr. and Mrs. smiled & laughed throughout their wedding day

February 12 is an incredibly special day for me. On February 12, 2006, I planned & coordinated my first wedding for Koru Wedding Shoppe. I was blessed to work with an amazing couple, Marcy & Dan, on their winter wonderland wedding. To top it off, Mother Nature brought us a blizzard on Marcy & Dan's wedding day. My first Koru wedding, my first Koru couple & my first wedding day BLIZZARD! What a day!

The "Let It Snow" wedding was a success, mostly due to the grace of Marcy & Dan. A raging blizzard might rattle the nerves of the best Brides & Grooms, as you can imagine. After all, I have witnessed Brides & Grooms flip out over much less pressing matters, such as ceremony flowers being delivered late or one reception table bearing the wrong chargers. Once I confirmed the church & the reception hall were open so the show could go on, Marcy & Dan didn't bat an eyelash over the snowstorm. Maybe the guest list would be smaller, maybe the transportation would consist of my Jeep, maybe the church flowers would be late, etc (none of these things happened). They didn't care as long as they became Mr. and Mrs. They smiled, laughed & loved their way through their wedding. I tell all of my Brides & Grooms about Marcy & Dan as a lesson not to sweat the small stuff. As long as you get down the aisle & exchange vows, just relax, let go & have fun!

As a planner, I learned much from this wedding. First, this wedding taught me that I can & will handle everything & anything that is thrown my way at a wedding. Everyone comments about my calm demeanor at weddings. I have the confidence that I can navigate any problem after dealing with testy Mother Nature. Bring it on! Two, a talented vendor team is of utmost importance. If Marcy & Dan's fabulous vendors hadn't stepped up to the plate, I would be here writing about a complete disaster of a wedding. When one transportation vendor dropped out due to the snow, another one saved the day. I couldn't have done it alone & it was a relief to know each vendor was willing to go the extra mile in the snow. Make sure you trust all of your vendors to work for you, no matter what happens.

For more photos from "Let It Snow," please visit Koru's Gallery. A big "Thank you!!!" to Joshua Zuckerman Photography for the glorious photographs.

Marcy & Dan, Happy Fourth Anniversary! Cheers to your continued Happily Ever After~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...