3.08.2012

simple blooms


I'll be honest: I didn't have a large flower/decor budget when I was planning our wedding.  My then-fiance & I chose to prioritize & spend the most on our venue/food, photography & music.  As such, the pennies were pretty tight in other areas.  I went really simple with the flowers.*

So it's truly warmed my heart to see more & more reception centerpieces that don't break the bank, yet look quite lovely.  I know it's frustrating when your limited budget doesn't fit your big dreams.  Oh, my dears, there is hope.  Let's admire some affordable, beautiful centerpieces & fuel that hope!

A grouping of cheerful yellow flowers in different vases make for sweet centerpieces:


 Mix lots of greenery with a pop of bright color in a mason jar for a nature-inspired feel:



The small detail of green glass elevates this simple, single bloom & few branches centerpiece:


A fresh-picked centerpiece is just darling in a cute container:


Cherry on top: most of these centerpieces could easily be DIY projects!  As always, I beg you to recruit buddies or hire a day-of wedding planner to transport & set-up the centerpieces should you go the DIY route.  You want to spend your wedding day enjoying every moment with your loved ones, not playing with flowers. 

Are/Were flowers & decor a priority for your wedding?  Do you have any inspiring, budget-friendly decorating tips to share?  

(* I feel like a broken record but I promise more photos of our wedding are coming soon!  There are a few HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE & HERE TOO if you feel like scouring the entire blog.  I mean, I'm sure you have the free time.)

Photo 1 A & A Photography via Photo 2 via Photo 3 Kelli Hunt Photography via Photo 4 The Wedding Artists Collective via

6 comments:

  1. I always love flowers in cool containers. That last picture is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, love the look of a simple flower centerpiece. Not everything needs to be extravagant to be beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo just about killed me! Such gorgeous arrangements, and I love that the cost doesn't make you gasp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did the same (the majority of our budget went to food, haha!) Love simple floral centerpieces!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay- i have such lovely readers who appreciate simplicity! happy weekend~

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...