3.15.2010

Engagement Brunch


My sister decorated the table with spring flowers, like this arrangement from ProFlowers


They served the Irish Classic of corned beef & cabbage, shown here from AllRecipes


They topped it off with my favorite, Angel Food Cake, shown here from Epicurious

On Sunday, my sister & brother-in-law hosted a sweet brunch to celebrate our engagement. They opened their lovely home to a few of our nearest & dearest to gather. The day dawned rainy & gray but it didn't stop the champagne from flowing & the laughter from peeling.

The brunch spread was impressive, due to my brother-in-law's years in the restaurant business & my sister's creativity. With St. Patrick's Day just three days away, everything had an Irish flair thrown in. Everything was served on Sullivan china that has been passed through generations. On the breakfast side, there was frittata & sausage. On the lunch side, there was corned beef, cabbage, potatoes & carrots. In addition, there was Irish Soda bread & Guinness bread. If I hosted a brunch, a professional caterer would have to be involved. My sister & brother-in-law blew any caterer out of the water! Everything was delicious & enjoyed by all!!!

There were quite a few desserts but I only remember my tried & true favorite, angel food cake served with strawberries. I had to stop myself from devouring the entire cake. Don't think I didn't notice that my sister placed the cake out of my reach. No celebration is complete without angel food cake!

All in all, the brunch was just perfect. The only downside is I was fighting the flu (seems to mild of a word for whatever is plaguing me!) & I didn't take a single photograph- boo. These memories will have to live in our minds. My fiance & I enjoyed spending time with a few of our closest friends & family. We are so lucky to have them in our lives & we look forward to many more celebrations in the upcoming months!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...