3.19.2010

Option One: Chart House


Daytime views from Chart House's outdoor terrace


Night views from the Chart House


Daytime views from the Chart House via OpenTable

Last Saturday, the hurricane-like conditions of strong winds & torrential downpour couldn't damper my spirits: I was going on my first site tour as a Bride!! I'd been on a million & one tours as a wedding planner but now the stakes were higher. Today's tour was all about our wedding & finding the perfect place for our reception!

I slipped on my rainboots & my fiance & I headed to our first site tour at the Chart House, a fabulous restaurant located in nearby Weehawken (requirement one). Perched on a pier along the Hudson River, Chart House boasts impressive New York City views (requirement two). We have celebrated occasions there & we love the food & ambiance. Would we love the event space as much?


In one word: YES! Upon entering the Chart House, you're led up a sweeping staircase to the separate event space. The first thing you notice is the plentiful windows framing the classic New York City skyline even on a rainy day. As you tour the foyer with an outdoor terrace, the cocktail hour room & the ballroom, the views knock you out. Incredible!

When I peeled my eyes away from the New York City view & concentrated on other aspects of the wedding, it was easy to imagine our wedding at Chart House. My fiance & I had found the catering menus a bit confusing at first but when the patient Catering Manager reviewed everything with us, it made sense. We were able to create a custom menu from appetizers to dessert that really reflected our tastes & fit in our budget (requirement three). Overall, we were thrilled with the Chart House & it remains a strong consideration.

Coming Soon: details of our visit to W Hotel Hoboken!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Lovely! Your kind comments are most welcome & always appreciated. XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...